|Supervision of Graduate
1. Suranjan Roy Chowdhary, M.M.S.E. (1991) "Consolidation in Thermoplastic Matrix Composite Filament Winding"
2. Sunil Gupte, M.M.E. (1991) "Numerical Modeling to Investigate the Role of Short Fiber Composites For Orthopedic Implants"
3. Tomas Sadiq, M.M.E. (1992) "An Experimental Investigation of Transverse Permeability for Idealized Porous Beds of Aligned Array of Cylinders"
4. Ann Krach, M.M.E. (1994) " Effective Thermal Conductivity of Carbon-Carbon Composites with Varying Parameters of Porosity, Matrix Conductivity and Anisotropy"
5. Kelli Burget, M.M.E. (1994) " An Investigation of Fiber Wall Interactions in Shear Flows"
6. Wei Zhang, M.M.E. (1994) "Dispersion of Heat in Resin Transfer Molding"
7. Yves de Parseval, M.M.E. (1995) "Experimental and Analytic Methods for the Characterization of Permeability of Fiber Preforms"
8. Tom Luce, M.M.E. (1995) "An Experimental Investigation of the In-Situ-in-plane and Transverse Permeabilities of Fiber Preforms"
9.Jeff Mogavero, M.M.E. (1996), "Compression Characterization and Resin Infiltration of Multi-Layered Preforms in Resin Transfer Molding".
10. Susan Kirschner, M.M.E. (1997), "Experiments in the Unsteady Fluid Dynamics of Expanding, Immiscible, Viscous Droplets in a Radial Hele-Shaw Cell".
11. Maylene Hugh, M.M.E. (1997), "A study of the processing and properties for unidirectional and woven composites manufactured by the dry polymer powder prepregging method".
12. Emanuele Gillio, M.M.E. (1998), (Co-Advisors: Bruce Fink, ARL, ? Jack Gillespie, Materials Science and Civil Engineering), "Co-injection Resin Transfer Molding of Hybrid Composites".
13. Hans Laudorn, M.M.E. (1998), �Experimental Investigation of Heat Dispersion in Fibrous Porous Media�.
14. Jeremiah Slade, M.M.E. (1999), "Experimental Investigation of Preform Deformation and Permeabilities in Woven Preforms".
15. William Ballata, M.M.E. (1999), "Effect of Flow Parameters and Preform Architecture on the Saturation of Dual Scale Porous Media".
16. Sunil Earath, M.M.E. (1999), (Co-Advisor: Ajay Prasad, Mechanical Engineering), �Design and Optimization of Micro Cooling Channels for TPV�.
17. Rajitha Alagu, M.M.E (2000) (Co-advisor: Mike Keefe, Mechanical Engineering), �Parametric Studies of Photo Sensitive Injection Molding�
18. Nikhil Prabhu, M.M.S.E (2000) (Co-advisor J. Schultz) "Role of Coupling the Microscopic and Macroscopic Phenomena during the Crystallization of Semi-crystalline Materials�
19. Hubert Stadtfeld, M.M.E (2000) (Co-Advisor: Karl Steiner, CCM), Experimental Validation Of Impregnation Schemes With Control Strategies In Liquid Composite Molding Processes�.
20. Shawn Riley, M.M.E(2001) �New Design Studies of Hip Prosthesis� (Co-Advisor: Mike Santare)
21. Jeff Acheson, M.M.E. (2002)�The role of vacuum pressure, dual scale media, and fiber compaction in VARTM� (Co-Advisor: Jack Gillespie)
22. Pavel Nedanov, M.M.E. (2002), � Permeability characterization of fibrous porous media�.
23. Gonzalo Estrada (2002) �Role of Binders and Compaction on Permeability of Fabrics�
24. Mylene Deligise ( 2002) �Analysis and Experiments to Measure Temperatures in Non-Isothermal Mold Filling�
25. Mathieu Devillard, (2003), " Validation and Implementation of Control Strategies for Liquid composite Molding Processes"
26. Dhiren Modi, (2003) "Numerical Issues in Mold Filling Simulations for Composites Processing"
27. Joe Feser, (2005) (Co-Advisor: Ajay Prasad), "Convective Flow Through Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells,"
28. Nina Kuentzer, (2005), "Permeability Characterization and Microvoid Prediction During Impregnation of FiBer Tows in Dual Scale Fabrics"
29. Mourad Chohra (2005), (Co-Advisor: Yarlagadda, CCM) "Modeling of Filtration Process during Manufacturing of Functionally Graded Composites with Particulate Suspensions"
30. Charlotte Corlay (2006), (Co-Advisor: Yarlagadda, CCM)" Thermal and mechanical analysis of polymer matrix composites materials exposed to a concentrated heat source for a short duration"
31. Allison Bruton (2006), (Co-Advisor Mike Santare)" Manufacturing HDPE Nanocomposites for Iimproving Wear Properties,"
32. Darrin Brown, (2007), (Co-Advisor, Ajay Prasad),"Simulation and optimization of a fuel cell hybrid vehicle"
33. Prabhas Bhat, (2008), "Simulation and validation of mold filling during Compression Resin Transfer Molding (CRTM) process,"
33. Justin Merotte (2010) " Flow Analysis With Fiber Preform Deformation During Compression Resin Transfer Molding"
34. Glenn Catlin, ( 2010),(Co-Advisor Ajay Prasad)" PEM Fuel Cell: Modeling and Optimization using a Genetic Algorithm"
35. Piyush Bubna (2010), (Co-Advisor Ajay Prasad), " Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of Fuel Cell/Battery Hybrid Powertrains"
36. Kenneth Okonkwo, (2010), " 3D Permeability Characterization of Fibrous Media"
37. Stephen Koellhoffer, (2011), (Co-advisors Travis Bogetti and John W. Gillespie, Jr.), "" Role Of Friction In The Thermal Development Of Ultrasonically Consolidated Foils And Continuous Fiber Reinforced Metal Matrix Composite Tape""
38. Michael Giuliano, (2011),(Co-Advisor Ajay Prasad) " Thermal Analysis And Management Of Lithium Titanate Batteries For Use In Battery And Hybrid Electric Vehicles"
39. Joe Walther, ( 2011) �The Effect Of Fabric And Fiber Tow Shear On Dual Scale Flow And Fiber Bundle Saturation During Liquid Molding Of Textile Composites,�
40. Greg Kelly, (2012) (Co-Advisor: John. W. Gillespie) "Modeling and Simulation of Metal Matrix Composites,"
41. Jeffery Lugo, ( 2013) � Permeability
of Laminated Composites,�
Ruan ( 2014) (Co-Advisor Ajay Prasad), "Modeling PEM
Cells Catalyst Layers,"
Liu, (2014) (Co-Advisor Ajay Prasad), “Modeling of
Hydrogen Storage with Heat Pipes,”
44. Xiaoqing Li (Expected 2016), “Fiber Orientation of Short Fibers in Particle Suspensions,”